Esbjerg is served by Esbjerg Airport with flights to Aberdeen, Scotland and Stavanger, Norway.The town has several notable museums and entertainment venues, including Esbjerg Art Museum, Esbjerg Museum and the privately owned Fisheries and Maritime Museum.More recently, it has become a centre for shipping offshore wind turbines.
It hosts branches of the University of Southern Denmark and Aalborg University, Esbjerg is increasingly recognized for its university facilities and sporting activities.Once Denmark's principal fishing port, the Port of Esbjerg is still a driving force for the town's economy.While it has a long history of ferry services to England, the town is by no means a tourist destination.The market square (Torvet) was positioned at the centre, midway between the harbour and the railway station.In 1893, Esbjerg became a municipality in its own right (initially known as Esbjerg Ladeplads), receiving the status and privileges of a market town in 1899 and incorporating the parish of Jerne (east of the centre) in 1945.
100 gratis dating Ringkøbing-Skjern
) is a seaport town and seat of Esbjerg Municipality on the west coast of the Jutland peninsula in southwest Denmark.By road, it is 71 kilometres (44 mi) west of Kolding and 164 kilometres (102 mi) southwest of Aarhus.Ultimately, it handled produce from 140 dairies spread across the whole of Jutland. After the Second World War, the town developed several agricultural industries, especially meat processing and packaging with a plant employing over 300.Esbjerg developed quickly with the population rising to 13,000 by 1901 and 70,000 by 1970.
In addition to its fishing and shipping activities, it also became an important centre for agricultural exports.
With an urban population of 71,618 (as of 1 January 2016 it is the fifth-largest city in Denmark, and the largest in west Jutland.
Before a decision was made to establish a harbour (now the second largest in Denmark) at Esbjerg in 1868, the area consisted of only a few farms.
Initial planning of the town was conducted by chartered surveyor H.
Wilkens in 1870 with streets laid out in the form of a rectangular grid.