Ultimately, it handled produce from 140 dairies spread across the whole of Jutland.
After the Second World War, the town developed several agricultural industries, especially meat processing and packaging with a plant employing over 300.
The slaughterhouse and meat packaging facility, Esbjerg Andels-Slagteri, established in 1887, became Denmark's sixth largest by 1962.
It was later extended to include egg marketing under the name Dansk Andels Ægeksport.Once Denmark's principal fishing port, the Port of Esbjerg is still a driving force for the town's economy.While it has a long history of ferry services to England, the town is by no means a tourist destination.Initial planning of the town was conducted by chartered surveyor H.Wilkens in 1870 with streets laid out in the form of a rectangular grid.
Gratis dating sider danmark Fanø
Esbjerg is served by Esbjerg Airport with flights to Aberdeen, Scotland and Stavanger, Norway.The town has several notable museums and entertainment venues, including Esbjerg Art Museum, Esbjerg Museum and the privately owned Fisheries and Maritime Museum.It is home to the Danish football club Esbjerg f B, who play their home matches at Blue Water Arena, and also has an ice hockey division called Esbjerg Elite Ishockey, which plays at the Granly Hockey Arena. which had previously been Denmark's most important North Sea port but came under German control after the Second Schleswig War in 1864.) is a seaport town and seat of Esbjerg Municipality on the west coast of the Jutland peninsula in southwest Denmark.
By road, it is 71 kilometres (44 mi) west of Kolding and 164 kilometres (102 mi) southwest of Aarhus.The market square (Torvet) was positioned at the centre, midway between the harbour and the railway station.In 1893, Esbjerg became a municipality in its own right (initially known as Esbjerg Ladeplads), receiving the status and privileges of a market town in 1899 and incorporating the parish of Jerne (east of the centre) in 1945.The Esbjerg Performing Arts Centre was completed in 1997 to designs by Jan and Jørn Utzon.When approached by sea, the Man Meets the Sea is one of the prominent monuments, consisting of four 9-metre-tall (27 feet) white-coloured men, overlooking Sædding Beach.